SUGGESTED SUPPLY MANAGEMENT
INSPECTION CHECK-OFF LIST
SHIPS STORE OPERATION
1. Are ships store spaces locked securely when unattended?
2. Have written orders, containing all required data, been
issued for the operation of the ships store functions?
3. Are personnel concerned aware of the written orders and
are they familiar with their instructions?
4. Are the duties of keeping office records assigned to a
storekeeper who is not in charge of other ships store
5. Are the necessary printed forms available and are the
required records and files maintained?
6. Which of the following services are offered: foun-
, vending machines
7. Are prices, terms, etc., contained in the Ships Store
Afloat Catalogs divulged to vendors, their representatives,
or other unauthorized personnel?
8. Are files of signed inventories, receipt papers, and
breakout and issue requests which furnish evidence of the
responsibility of custodians for stock in their custody kept
under lock by the ships store officer or designated officer
9. Are there any outstanding requests for checkage on hand?
If so, has follow-up action been taken to charge these to pay
10. Are all entries made in ink, in indelible pencil, or by use
of a typewriter?
11. Are only authorized articles stocked for resale or use in
12. Does the cost of any specific item, such as stereos or
necklaces, exceed the monetary limitations?