tive superior unless otherwise directed. The answer
sheets should not be folded or stapled and should be
enclosed in cardboard backing for protection.
The command must keep copies of the reports of
destruction and receipts for transfer of examinations
on file as an official record for 2 years.
After the administration of Navywide
advancement examinations, the answer sheets
and a report of destruction/administration must
be sent to NETPDTC within what time frame?
DISPOSITION OF WORKSHEETS
About 10 days before the date of the examination,
the ESO will forward the worksheets to the senior
member of the local examining board. After completion
of the examination, the senior member will return all
worksheets to the ESO. The worksheets should be
retained for 2 years by the administering command,
instead of filing in individual service records. DO NOT
FORWARD THE WORKSHEETS TO NETPDTC.
FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY
To: Commanding Officer, Naval Education and Training Professional Development and Technology
Center (N3217), 6490 Saufley Field Road, Pensacola, FL 32509-5126
Subj: CYCLE # EXAMINATION RETURNS FOR PAYGRADE E-
Ref: (a) BUPERSINST 1430.16
Encl: (1) # Examination Returns (answer sheets)
(2) Listing by Activity
(3) Listing of Unused and Transferred Examinations
1. Enclosures (1) through (3) are forwarded per reference (a).
2. All examination envelopes were given to the candidates with seals unbroken and opened by the candidate
concerned in the examination room in the presence of a member of the local examining board.
3. (Strike out this paragraph if not applicable.) The candidates listed in enclosure (2) whose examination
serial numbers are identified by (DUP) used the duplicate method of an examination. Test booklets were
examined and markings, if any, were removed before use by the second candidate.
4. All examination booklets for personnel listed in enclosure (2) and all complete examinations
listed in enclosure (3) as being unused, have been destroyed by (method of destruction) in the presence
of the authorized personnel whose signatures follow:
Name, Rank Name, Rank
5. The examinations of the personnel listed in enclosure (2) were conducted as outlined in chapter 7 of
(Signature of commanding officer or
officer with by direction authority)
Figure 6-8. NETPDTC letter of transmittal.