23. After she was stabilized, YNSN Doe was transported to the U.S. Naval Hospital, Naples, Italy, via
ambulance [encls (2) and (3)].
24. On 28 August 1994, after admission to the Naval Hospital, YNSN Doe underwent surgery to remove
her spleen [encl (4)].
25. YNSN Doe was hospitalized from 28 August 1994 to 8 September 1994, a period of 12 days [encl
26. The attending physician was CDR Drag A. Line, MC, USN, Naval Hospital, Naples, Italy [encl (4)].
27. YNSN Does prognosis is permanent disability, and no outpatient treatment is expected [encl (4)].
28. YNSN Doe is presently on limited duty attached to the Naval Support Activity, Naples, Italy,
subsequent to the findings rendered by a medical board convened at Naval Hospital, Naples, Italy [encl
29. Mr. Garllino was arrested and cited by the Gaeta Polizia for driving under the influence on 28 August
1994 [encl (2)].
1. The voluntary intoxication of Mr. Garllino was the proximate cause of the accident [FOF (9), (11), (18),
2. Excessive speed played a significant role in causing the accident [FOF (13), (14), (15), (16),(17), and
3. YNSN Doc used poor judgment in allowing Mr. Garllino to drive from The Castle, but available
evidence indicated that YNSN Doc attempted to get Mr. Garllino to stop and allow her to driver, in the
very least, to slow down-and was unsuccessful [FOF (12) and (15)].
4. YNSN Jane A. Does personal injuries were incurred in the line of duty and not due to her own
misconduct [FOF (1), (7), (8), (11), (15), and (29)].
1. That no administrative or disciplinary action be taken against YNSN Doe.
2. That any claim submitted to the government by Mr. Franco for vehicle damage or personal injuries be
forwarded to the insurance company of Mr. Garllino.
/s/ Close D. Hatch
Figure 13-5.-Sample JAGMAN investigationContinued.
If the CA corrects, adds, or disapproves findings of
l Opinion ____ in the basic correspondence is not
fact, opinions, or recommendation, the following
substantiated by the findings of fact because
language would be added in the endorsement:
and is therefore either disapproved
or modified to read as follows:
. The findings of fact are hereby modified as
The following additional opinions are added:
(numbers start after the last opinion in the basic
. The following additional findings of fact are
added: (numbers start after the last findings of fact in
. Recommendation ____ is not appropriate for
the basic investigation).
action at this command; however, a copy of this