From: Lieutenant Close D. Hatch, USNR, 111-11-1111/1105
Commanding Officer, U.S. Naval Support Activity, Naples, Italy
INVESTIGATION TO INQUIRE INTO THE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING THE
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT INVOLVING, AND INJURIES SUSTAINED BY, YNSN
JANE A. DOE, USN, 222-22-2222, NAVAL SUPPORT ACTIVITY, NAPLES, ITALY,
WHICH OCCURRED IN GAETA, ITALY, ON 28 AUGUST 1994
CO, NSA Naples, appointing order, ltr 5830 Ser 01L/1128 of 29 August 1994
NSA Det Gaeta Shore Patrol Report of 28 Aug 94
Statement of YNSN Jane A. Doe, USN, 222-22-2222, Naval Support Activity, Naples, Italy,
of 7 Sep 94, with attached Privacy Act statement and JAGMAN § 0215b warning attached
Chronological record of medical care with medical board attached
NAVCOMPT 3065 (Leave Authorization) ICO SNM
1. Pursuant to enclosure (1), and in accordance with reference (a), a onc-officer JAGMAN investigation
not requiring a hearing was conducted to inquire into the circumstances surrounding the motor vehicle
accident involving and the injuries suffered by YNSN Jane A. Doe that occurred on 28 August 1994 in
All reasonably available relevant evidence was collected. There were no difficulties
encountered during the conduct of this investigation. While certain minor conflicts appear in the evidence,
none was of sufficient degree or materiality to warrant comment.
2. All documentary evidence included is certified to be either the original or a copy that is a true and
accurate representation of the original document represented.
3. All social security numbers were obtained from official sources and not solicited from individual service
4. This investigation is being conducted and this report is being prepared in contemplation of litigation
and for the express purpose of assisting attorneys representing interests of the United States in this matter.
5. LCDR Mary N. Christmas, JAGC, USN, was consulted on the possibility of claims for or against the
government as a result of the vehicle accident.
FINDINGS OF FACT
1. On 28 August 1994, YNSN Jane A. Doe, USN, 222-22-2222, age 21, was on authorized annual leave
from U.S. Naval Support Activity, Naples, Italy, where she was assigned [encl (5)].
2. At approximately 0325, 28 August 1994, a motor vehicle accident occurred on Via Pachcria, Gaeta,
Italy [encl (2)].
3. At the time of the motor vehicle accident, the vehicles involved were being driven by Antonio Franco
of 39909 Via Riperia, Gaeta, Italy and Salvatore Garllino of Naples, Italy [encl (2)].
Figure 13-5.-Sample JAGMAN Investigation.