4. The vehicle driven by Mr. Franco was a 1978 Fiat 132, Naples registration NA 99999 [encl (2)].
5. The vehicle driven by Mr. Garllino was a 1992 BMW, Rome registration ROMA 12345 [encl (2)].
6. YNSN Jane A. Doe, USN, was a passenger in the vehicle driven by Mr. Garllino [encls (2) and (3)].
7. YNSN Jane A. Doe, USN, and Mr. Garllino were both wearing seat belts at the time of the accident
[encls (2) and (3)].
8. Early in the evening of 27 August 1994, YNSN Doc and Mr. Garllino went to The Castle, a nightclub
in Gaeta, Italy [encls (2) and (3)].
9. Over the course of several hours at The Castle, Mr. Garllinu consumed approximately one and one-half
bottles of Asti Spumonte champagne and YNSN Doe drank approximately one-half bottle of Asti
Spumonte [encls (2) and (3)].
10. Mr. Garllino and YNSN Doe left The Castle at approximately 0310 on 28 August 1994 [encls (2) and
11. Upon leaving The Castle, Mr. Garllino drove the vehicle away from the nightclub [encl (3)].
12. Upon entering Mr. Garllinos vehicle, and without thinking, YNSN Doe permitted Mr. Garllino to
drive his vehicle [encl (3)].
13. After leaving The Castle, entering the vehicle, and driving away, Mr. Garllino proceeded up the
Tangenzilla at an excessively high speed for the road conditions [encl (3)].
14. The posted speed limit on the Tangenzilla was 120 km [encl (2)].
15. YNSN Doe attempted to get Mr. Garllino to pull over and allow her to drive, or to at least slow down,
but Mr. Garllino failed to comply with her request [encls (2) and (3)].
16. The road was covered with dew and the weather was foggy [encls (2) and (3)].
17. Mr. Garllino turned north off of the Tangenzilla onto Via Pacheria and began to slide into the
southbound lane of Via Pacheria, Gaeta, Italy [ends (2) and (3)].
18. Upon going into the southbound lane of Via Pacheria, Mr. Garllino lost control of the vehicle and
struck the oncoming vehicle driven by Mr. Franco [encls (2) and (3)].
19. The speed of Mr. Garllinos vehicle at the time of the accident was 80-100 km [encls (2) and (3)].
20. As a result of the collision, YNSN Doe sustained injuries to her pelvic area and right sacroiliac (lower
back) and suffered a mild concussion [encl (4)].
21. Mr. Garllino and Mr. Franco reported no major injuries. Mr. Franco had only a few minor abrasions
to his face [encl (2)].
22. As a result of YNSN Does injuries, she was transported to the Saint Benzollini Hospital, Gaeta, Italy,
on 28 August 1994 [encls (2) and (3)].
Figure 13-5.-Sample JAGMAN investigationContinued.