Preparing to Depart Port, Continued
Find out from the XO:
1. If any variation in standard sequence of stationing special sea
and anchor detail exists.
2. Time of heaving in to short stay or singling up lines.
3. Disposition of boats and vehicles.
4. Instructions concerning U.S. and guard mail.
5. Number of passengers and expected time of arrival.
After obtaining permission from the executive officer, start
hoisting boats and vehicles as soon as no longer required.
After obtaining permission from the executive officer, rig in
booms and accommodation ladders not in use and secure for
Promulgate under way time to all hands.
Energize all radars except those prohibited by local
electromagnetic emission restrictions.
Conduct radio checks on all required circuits. (Include bridge-
Muster the crew.
Shift into the uniform of the day, if applicable.
Set condition YOKE.
Clear ship of visitors.
MAA inspect for stowaways.
Tune and peak radars.
Ensure cleanliness of pier.
Ensure that the pit sword is in raised position, if applicable.