13. PHOTOGRAPHIC SUPPLIES
a. Film sold on a first-in, first-out basis, with short-dated film
segregated from fresh stock, and marked down and sold out. Expired film
returned to vendor for appropriate credit, if any.
b. Cartons, instructions, books, warranty cards, and carrying cases for
items displayed stored in an appropriate place close to sales area.
14. STATIONERY SUPPLIES
a. Ships store selling price of greeting cards and pocket-size books
adjacent to display.
b. All seasonal greeting cards, gift wrap, and party goods removed the
day after the holiday.
c. Magazines frequently screened to ensure current selections available;
offensive literature, recordings, or merchandise should not be offered for sale.
d. Customers allowed to test typewriters offered for sale.
a. Fragrances stored in cool, dark place to minimize evaporation.
b. Careful age control and stock rotation to ensure that fragrances
are kept to peak standards of quality and appearance.
c. Toiletries and combs for black customers stocked and displayed.
d. Self-service merchandise displayed full face for easy product
identification when possible.
16. UNIFORMS AND UNIFORM ACCESSORIES
a. Uniform trousers located near uniform shirts.
b. Belts on display near trouser section, neckwear near dress shirt
c. Displays showing a uniform according to season maintained current.
d. Uniform dress shirts arranged by size and sleeve length and clearly
marked as to price and size.
e. Sign posted informing customers of availability of direct delivery
service on uniform items from the Uniform Support Center, Norfolk, Virginia,
via mail orders and the toll-free and AUTOVON telephone numbers. Order
1. Exterior of vending machines and adjacent area kept clean.
2. Prices and instructions prominently displayed on machines.
3. Adequate lighting for displays.
4. Adequate product selections.
5. Sold out indicators operating.
6. Glass free from breaks or cracks.
7. Inside of machine clean. Finish in good condition.
8. Only high quality products vended.
9. Packages neat and appetizing.