p. Only type of material approved by the medical officer used to treat
nicks. These materials applied only with freshly laundered towels or sterile
q. Common hairbrushes, dusters, and shaving brushes prohibited.
r. Cut hair frequently removed from the floor by dustless methods.
a. Authorized customers provided with the authorized type of haircut
b. The following services available based upon customer demand and
latest directives on hair grooming:
(1) Regular haircut
(2) Afro haircut
c. Pictures of regular and afro haircuts mounted side by side in a
prominent area of all shops.
d. Haircuts include shaving above and around the ears, below the
sideburns, and across the back of the neck.
e. All haircuts completed by a neck astringent rub, talc dust, or both.
LAUNDRY AND DRY CLEANING
1. Twenty-four hour servicemaximum three-day service.
2. Wash24 pounds per man per week.
3. Finish press three work uniform shirts and trousers per officer and
CPO/SNCO (E7-E9) accommodation per week.
4. Finish press one dress uniform shirt and trousers per crew (plus troops)
accommodation per week.
5. If self-service, customer able to locate finished goods and check out within
6. Customer given claim check for garments turned in for processing.
7. Sign indicating when finished work will be ready for pickup. (In
8. Marking staples and tags removed from dry cleaning garments or stapled
in such a manner as not to touch cloth (belt loops, buttonholes, etc.).
9. Policy to handle claims for lost or damaged customer goods in effect (claim
file available for inspection).
10. Counter personnels appearance and attitude pleasing.
11. Inspection of two finished garments chosen at random compare favorably
with similar commercial processing (no missing buttons, free of wrinkles, no
12. Entire customer service area including counter presents attractive