within the machine. The thermostat indicators
black pointerindicates actual water
green pointercontrols your lower tem-
yellow pointer controls your higher
Your start (No. 10) and stop (No. 11) buttons
are self-explanatory. The stop button can be used
to shut down the machine quickly if necessary.
The Milnor has many safety devices that you
should become familiar with. These safety
features should be listed on a locally prepared
document and posted near the machine. The door
to the washer has an interlock that prevents the
door from opening during operation. The
machine will also cut off automatically if the air
pressure is too low. The air pressure should be
a minimum of 80 pounds for extract or a brake
air pressure switch will prevent the machine from
Before you operate the Milnor, perform the
preoperational checks as outlined for the Dyna
Wash and load the machine to the rated capacity.
1. Turn cylinder knob until formula chart
fingers approach start.
2. Close and lock the door, add supplies to
3. Place all switches in the AUTO or
4. Turn cylinder knob until interior light goes
on in the formula chart.
5. Push start button.
6. After cycles complete a signal will sound,
push stop button, open door.
7. Unload machine.
Manual operation should only be used when
the automatic timer is inoperative. Manual
operation slows down workflow, causes less than
desirable washing results, and ties up laundry
personnel as they will be busy attending machine
controls. The following steps should be followed:
1. Load machine to rated capacity.
2. Turn formula chart to uncut position.
3. Close and lock the door.
4. Set your switches to the following
Master switchMANUAL setting
Temperature controlfor first cycle
put temperature 2 switch to ON and
temperature 1 switch to OFF
Hot water switchin
Cold water switchin
5. Push start button and washer will fill with
water of selected temperature. You can fill washer
to desired water level and shut off the water
by placing the hot and cold water switches to
6. Add supplies following applicable wash
7. Switch drain to open and allow water to
empty at the end of each cycle.
8. Energize the extract motor by switching
the motor switch to EXTRACT after draining the
water from the flush suds cycle. Leave drain open
for this procedure.
9. Shut off extract, close drain after 1
10. Complete the next two rinse cycles.
11. Switch temperature 1 to ON and
temperature 2 to OFF on the third rinse.
12. Turn water switches on, fill washer to
desired level, and shut water switches off.
13. Add sour and starch as required.
14. Open drain at end of final rinse. Allow
water to empty and energize extract.
15. Push the off button and turn all switches
off at the end of the extract. Allow the cylinder