Administration, pages 1-1 through 1-16.
1-1. Your responsibility as a competent
supervisor should include all EXCEPT
which of the following practices?
1. Making efficient use of available
2. Making efficient assignments of
jobs for your personnel
3. Conducting an effective training
4. Emphasizing procedures rather than
1-2. Which of the following statements is a
function of procedural publications?
i. Gives procedures for when and how
to handle specific situations
2. Explains the guidelines to be
followed in specific situations
3. Explains the duties to be performed
when handling specific situations
4. Gives procedures for contacting key
personnel for handling specific
1-3. Which of the following factors
determine(s) the quantity and range of
the necessary supply publications that
you will receive?
1. The quantity and range you request
2. The size of your ship
3. Whether or not a Supply Corps
officer is assigned
4. Both 2 and 3 above
1-4. Which of the following information
must be included in the NAVSUP
required list of all official
publications maintained by activities
that perform Supply Corps functions?
1. The title of each publication
2. The number of copies on board
3. The location of each copy
4. All of the above
1-5. The leading SK has all EXCEPT which
of the following responsibilities
regarding supply office publications?
1. Makes sure all changes are made
2. Makes sure of prompt distribution
of changes to publication holders
3. Briefly reviews changes and
informs the supply officer of any
4. Makes all changes himself or
herself to make sure they are made
1-6. Which of the following methods should
NOT be used to instruct subordinates
in the use and maintenance of
1. Including various publications in
formal training programs
2. Giving on-the-job training
3. Supplying all the answers yourself
4. Providing opportunities for
practical use of the publications
1-7. Which of the following information
sources contains a list of
publications pertaining to supply
operations and instructions?
1. NAVSUP Manual, volume 1
2. U.S. Navy Regulations, 1990
3. The Afloat Shopping Guide
1-8. You are aboard USS Glover (FF-1098)
home-ported in Norfolk, Virginia.
The destroyer squadron you are
attached to is 23. Which of the
following types of publications
provides specific procedures and
guidelines for your ship?
1. Fleet commander
2. Type commander