A S S I G N M E N T
Textbook Assignment: The Navy Storekeeper, chapter 1, pages 1-1 through 1-4; Supply Organization chapter 2,pages 2-l
through 2-11; Administration, chapter 3, pages 3-1 through 3-2.
Learning Objectives: Recognize the general structure of
the SK ratings, and the requirements and responsibilities
of the SK ratings.
1-1. The operation and maintenance of a ships supply
department requires an SK with which of the
1. A continuous wait and see attitude
2. A good sense of humor
3. A high degree of technical competence
4. A small degree of technical competence
1-2. The Storekeeper rating is identified as which of the
following types of rating?
1. Specialist only
2. Service only
3. Both service and specialist
4. General rating
1-3. Prior to being advanced to Storekeeper 3rd class, a
Storekeeper striker must acquire which of the
following areas of knowledge?
1. Specific knowledge of all department functions
2. A detailed knowledge of those functions that an
SK3 will be required to perform
3. A general knowledge of overall supply functions
4. A detail knowledge of the ships store operation
1-4. An SK3 and SK2 may be required to perform which
of the following supply functions?
1. Direct the preparation of reports to the type
2. Determine routine requirements for equipage and
3. Establish the procedures to be used in processing
material for shipment
4. Account for supplies and equipage funds
1-5. Which of the following designations may be used as a
Storekeepers job title?
1. Technical Librarian
2. Logroom Yeoman
3. Jack of The Dust
4. Cargo handler
Why is it important that you develop an awareness of
how your particular job fits into the overall
responsibility of the supply department?
You obtain a better understanding of why you are
required to do all of the technical work performed
by the department
You obtain a better understanding of the separation
and distinct responsibilities of your work
You obtain a greater tolerance for performing the
unimportant drudgery work for the department
All of the above
To ensure that the reports prepared from the records
you maintain are correct, you should take which of the
1. Check to make sure all entries are correct only
2. Make sure all entries are neat and legible only
3. Make sure all entries are neat, legible, and correct
4. Make allowances for errors that you may forget to
Your responsibility for technical leadership are special
to your rating and directly relate to your work as an
Learning Objectives: Recognize the importance of
planning and the manner in which you should plan your
career and qualify for advancement. Identify publications
that are required and other publications and training
materials that are optional in preparing for advancement.
1-9. What has been the primary source of training for
enlisted career development?
1. Nonresident career courses
2. The Navys formal school programs
3. On-the-job training
4. Fleet training centers