1-10. What skill(s) are needed to properly develop a career
in the supply field?
1. Technical only
2. Administrative only
3. Leadership only
4. Technical, administrative, and leadership
1-11. To obtain technical information regarding your duties
as an SK, which of the following publications would
be the most helpful to you?
1. Basic manual
3. Appropriate official
4. Subject matter training manuals
1-12. TRAMANs are designed to do what?
1. Establish a knowledge threshold
2. Help you prepare for advancement
3. Teach you all you need to know about your rate
4. Train you for all future assignments
1-13. Before you begin an intensive study of any part of a
TRAMAN, what should be your first step?
1. Read the preface only
2. Read the table of contents
3. Check through the index only
4. Become familiar with the entire book
1-14. Which of the following steps should you take first
when you begin to study a TRAMAN?
1. Set up a regular study plan
2. Refer to the advancement handbook for
3. Learn how the training manual is organized
4. Try to state the main ideas of the training manual
in your own words
1-15. After becoming familiar with the TRAMAN, which of
the following steps should you take?
1. Take a more detailed look at the manual to see
how it is organized
2. Read the introductions, chapter by chapter.
headings, and subheadings
3. Take another look at the table of contents
4. All of the above
1-16. As you look through the TRAMAN, which of the
following questions should you ask yourself?
1. What do I know and what do I need to learn about
2. How is this information related to information
given in other chapters
3. How is this information related to that found in the
4. All of the above
1-17. After you have obtained a general idea of what is in
the TRAMAN, how should you go about increasing
1. Fill in the details by intensive study only
2. Cover a complete unit each study period only
3. Complete a unit each study period and fill in the
details by intensive study
4. Cover the same amount of material each study
1-18. You can best demonstrate that you have mastered the
subject matter from a chapter or section of a
TRAMAN by accomplishing which, if any, of the
1. Quote word for word, paragraphs from the text
2. Express in your own words the main points of the
3. Remember pertinent dates
4. Remember tables of data, Navy forms, and
1-19. To effectively meet the responsibilities of your rate,
the development of high quality performance requires
which of the following mixtures?
1. Formal training and practical experience
2. Informal training and practical experience
3. Technical competence and pride
4. Technical knowledge and a deep sense of personal
1-20. You are studying references in preparation for
advancement, Which of the following attitudes should
yOu adopt toward the material?
1. Study only the sections required
2. Become familiar with as much material as you can
3. Memorize the procedures given in the publication
4. Look for key words and memorize how they
pertain to the subject