Which of the following types of written
communications are classified as correspondence?
1. Letters only
2. Directives only
3. Memorandums and directives
4. Letters, directives, and memorandums
Official correspondence that requires action should be
routed by which of the following means to ensure
1. Tickler tile
2. File card
3. Check sheet
4. Route sheet
What is the purpose of a tickler file?
1. To indicate categories of supplies on hand
2. To serve as a reminder for action
3. To indicate requisitions outstanding
4. To serve as a memorandum file
You are asked to assign a number to an instruction.
From which publication do you determine what
number to assign?
Department of the Navy Standard Subject
notice issued by your office should be assigned all
except which of the following identifiers?
1. The originators abbreviation
2. The type of directive
3. The subject identification number
4. A consecutive number, preceded by a decimal point
What authority issues instructions that schedule the
destruction of Navy records?
2-27. The procedure for the transfer and preservation of
records of a permanent nature are published by which
of the following organizations or individuals?
1. General Services Administration
2. Chief of Naval Operations
3. Chief of Naval Personnel
4. District commandants
Learning Objectives: Determine the purpose, scope, and
use of the Federal Catalog System identify Federal stock
groups and classes; and specify the location and function
of the elements in a stock number.
Material identification under the Federal Catalog
System involves which of the following actions?
1. Naming, describing, classifying, and numbering
2. Describing, classifying, numbering, and
3. Classifying, numbering, inventorying, and naming
4. Numbering, inventorying, naming, and describing
Administration of the Federal Catalog System is
accomplished by which of the following agencies?
1. Naval Supply Systems command
2. Navy Material Command
3. Defense Logistics Agency
4. Department of Defense
One advantage of the Federal Catalog System is the
common language it provides to all Department of
Defense, civil agencies, and North Atlantic Treaty
Materials are assigned to federal supply classifications
according to which of the following characteristics?
1. Physical or performance
2. Relative costs
3. Security requirements
4. Manufacturers identification
The Navy uses the supply groups 01 through 09 for
forms and publications that are not included in the
Federal Catalog System.