A S S I G N M E N T
Textbook Assignment: Procurement continued, chapter 5, pages 5-1 through 5-25.
Learning Objective: Recognize some of the factors
involved in determining the requirements for general
stores, equipage, and repair parts (continued from
3-1. Define the term endurance.
1. The amount of time a ship will be at sea
2. The distance a ship can travel with out refueling
3. The period of time required by a ship to use a
definite amount of supplies
4. The period of time required by a ship to use all of
3-2. Once the supply officer knows the rate of usage and
the total storage space available, he/she can estimate
which of the following factors?
1. Excess amount of material
2. Percentage of under stocking of standard items
3. Percentage of overstocking of consumable
4. Number of days can be maintained by
What data should be your most accurate guide in
determining the requirements for your ship?
Ships allowance list
Ships experience as shown in accurate stock
Ships initial outfitting list
Ships usage data tables
3-4. In determining quantities of supplies that should be
stocked for a newly commissioned ship, the supply
officer should be guided by which of the following
AllOWance lists only
Initial outfitting lists only
Usage data tables and allowance list only
Allowance lists, initial outfitting lists, and usage
3-5. Which of the following factors may necessitate a
review of stock records and a reevaluation of
requirements for some or all items stocked aboard a
Type of climate during operation and length of
Length of cruise and type of operation (combat or
Supply support availability only
Length of cruise, type of operation, supply support
availability, and climate during operation
preparing for your ships deployment, what factor
is of prime importance to the supply officer?
1. Stockage objective
2. Amount of material on hand
3. Availability of supply support during the cruise
4. Ships allowance
3-7. Which of the following actions is generally carried out
on a routine basis?
1. Replacing material that has been surveyed
2. Ordering material to replace that issued from
3. Ordering new equipage material
4. Ordering in-excess material
Determine the source of supply for
routine material requirements.
3-8. Materials required to support your ship are normally
procured through what channel(s)?
1. The Navy or DOD supply systems
2. Transfer from another ship
3. Purchase on the open market
4. The type commander
3-9. The responsibility for setting forth the procedures for
obtaining support from fleet issue ships rests with
1. Type commanders
2. Local commanders
3. Fleet commanders
4. Chief of Naval Operations