5-10. When a receipt shortage exceeds $100 per line item,
what action, if any, should you take?
1. Make out a dummy credit invoice for shortage
2. Reject and return the shipment to the originator
3. Report the shortage as a receipt discrepancy
4. No action is required unless shortage involves
5-11. Which of the following receipt shortages should be
resolved directly with the supplying activity?
1. Navy owned material received during UNREP only
2. Navy owned material received from a NSC only
3. Navy owned material received from GSA
4. Navy owned material received during UNREP or
from an NSC
5-12. After a receipt has been posted to the stock record, the
receipt document should be forwarded to which of the
following ships personnel?
OPTAR records Storekeeper
ACCESS records Storekeeper
Records and reports Storekeeper
5-13. The total quantity of material requested has NOT been
received, and no suffix code has been entered in
column 44 of the receipt document, What does this
1. Requisition is considered to be completed
2. Requisition is considered to be incomplete
3. Remaining material will be forwarded as required
4. Quantity not received has been back-ordered
5-14. Which of the following actions should be considered
an objective of inventory control procedures used
1. Focus attention on the relatively few items that
will satisfy the majority of demands for material
2. Increase physical inventory requirements and allow
for individual physical inventory procedures
3. Increase the number of stock record management
data changes required to be made by nonautomated
4. Each of the above
Learning Objective: Define expenditure and
differentiate between the various types of material
5-15. All actions that result in a decrease to Navy assets can
be described as what types of transaction?
Figure 5B.Expenditure Documents
IN ANSWERING QUESTIONS 5-16 THROUGH 5-19,
SELECT FROM FIGURE 5B THE TYPE OF
EXPENDITURE INVOLVED IN EACH SITUATION
LISTED AS THE QUESTION.
Movement of material from the custody of one supply
officer to the custody of another supply officer
Storeroom material is expended for use by the
A typewriter is dropped and damaged beyond repair.