5-19. During inventory a loss by inventory is recorded for
several stock items.
Learning Objective: Indicate the numbering, recording,
and filing requirement for transfer and survey documents.
5-20. All except which of the following elements are
included in an expenditure document number?
1. The Julian date
2. A four-digit serial number
3. The ships UIC
4. The classification code of the expended material
5-21. Expenditures in document serial numbers are assigned
in which of the following ways?
A single series of numbers is used
A separate series of numbers is used for different
Either 1 or 2 above
The requisition serial number log
Learning Objectives; Identify the procedures for
processing issue requests: recognize the reason for
controlling issues and the method used.
5-25. Normally, you will accept requests from, and issue
material to which of the following individuals?
1. Heads of departments only
2. Persons designated by heads of departments
3. Any member of the departments
4. Only persons designated by the supply officer
5-26. Which of the following reasons is valid for controlling
issues of material?
1. To reduce the number of material requests
2. To retain more material in the storerooms
3. To restrict the number of stock replenishment
4. To ensure that only essential material is requested
5-27. The ships OPTAR is normally distributed to the
various departments in what form?
1. Issue authorizations
2. An operating budget
3. A supplementary OPTAR
4. A departmental budget
5-22. Throughout the fiscal year, all except which of the
following documents are numbered consecutively?
1. Surveys of controlled equipage
2. Turn-ins of repairable items
3. Transfers of ordnance material
4. Surveys of food items
5-23. Your supply officer determines that a single series of
expenditure document numbers will be used for all
transfers and surveys and directs you to set up the
Expenditure Record Log for the new fiscal year,
What total number of sections must the log contain?
5-24. Expenditure invoices should be filed in what manner?
1. By expenditure document number
2. By expenditure serial number
3. By completion date of the expenditure
4. By approval date of the expenditure
5-28. All issues of stock material and all DTO material
procured by the supply department must be recorded
on which of the following forms?
1. NAVSUP Form 1250-1
2. NAVSUP Form 1250-2
3. DD Form 1348 and 1348-1
4. DD Form 1149 and 1150
Learning objective: Recognize the factors involved and
the procedures that should be followed when material is
transferred to ships and supply activities ashore.
5-29. Which of the following sources provides authority for
a supply officer to transfer material?
1. The NAVSUP P-485
2. The supply department or ships organization
3. Supply department instructions
4. OPNAVINST 3120.32 instuctions