In determining the availability of material to be
transferred, the supply officer must consider all
EXCEPT which of the following factors?
1. Quantity on hand
2. Anticipated usage until replenishment
3. The advice of the using department
4. The unit price of the requested item
When you are posting the stock record card, how are
transfers distinguished from issues?
The transferred quantity is circled
The document numbers are different
Transfers are not posted until the replacement is
Transfers are entered on the reverse of the stock
Invoices covering transfers to other ships supply
officers are summarized at the end of the month on
Record of Receipts and Expenditure, NAVSUP
Inventory Record, NAVSUP Form 1059-1
Summary of Material Receipts/Expenditures,
NAVCOMPT Form 176
Journal of Expenditures, NAVSUP Form 1978
Whether a credit will or will not be granted for the
turn in of excess material is determined by which of
the organizations or individuals?
Quality inspector of the material at receiving site
FISC receiving the excess material
survey is a procedure that must be initiated in all
EXCEPT which of the following circumstances?
1. Storeroom material is lost
2. An incoming shipment is damaged by the carrier
3. Controlled equipage is damaged
4. A piece of Navy-owned equipment is destroyed by
Learning Objectives: Identify the various types of
accounting and appropriations; recognize the titles and
symbols of frequently used appropriations.
5-35. For accounting purposes, naval activities are divided
into what two categories?
1. Fleet units and landing parties
2. Landing forces and sea support
3. Districts and type commands
4. Shore activities and operating forces
5-36. Who authorizes an appropriation to incur obligations?
2. Secretary of the Navy
3. Secretary of the Treasury
4. President of the United States
5-37. Most appropriations used to finance the normal
operating costs of the Navy are for what period of
1. A month
2. A quarter
3. Six months
4. A year
5-38. The fiscal year covers what specific period of time?
1, 1 July to 30 June
2. 1 October to 30 September
3. 1 January to 31 December
4. 1 April to 31 March
5-39. What is the last date that obligations may be made
against the appropriation 1781804?
1. 30 SEP 1996
2. 30 SEP 1997
3. 30 SEP 1998
4. 30 SEP 1999
5-40. What type of work is supported by a continuing
1. Maintenance of buildings
2. Repair of office equipment
3. Preventive maintenance on vehicles
4. Construction of a supply building