7-43. Forklift trucks are generally used to handle what type
1. Pelletized unit loads
2. Containers equipped with skids
3. Large rigid containers or packages
4. Boxes not pelletized
7-44. Forklift trucks can be used with great efficiency
during what type of materials-handling operation(s)?
1. Elevating pelletized loads into storage
2. Handling pelletized loads between hauling
operations which require less than 400 feet load
3. Both 1 and 2 above
4. Handling pelletized loads between hauling
operations which require greater than 400 feet
load hauling distances
7-45. Which of the following statements is NOT correct in
regards to tractor-trailer train operations?
1. Tractor-trailer trains should be used in hauling
operations that require less than 400 feet hauling
2. Tractor-trailer trains may be used in hauling
operations involving hauls between 400 feet and 1
mile in length
3. Under normal conditions, one tractor should be
able to keep one set of trailers loading, a second
set underway, and a third set unloading
4. Tractor-trailer trains can haul heavier tonnage than
carrier-type trucks of equal horsepower capacity
7-46. What is the towing capacity of a warehouse tractor if
it has a drawbar pull of 2,600 pounds?
1. 50 tons
2. 150 tons
3. 250 tons
4. 350 tons
7-47. The caster-steering type of warehouse trailers are
available in what capacity?
1. 4,000 pound capacity only
2. 6,000 pound capacity only
3. Both 4,000 and 6,000 pound capacity
4. 8,000 pound capacity
7-48. In storage operations where mechanical equipment
cannot be used because of space limitations, which of
the following types of materials-handling equipment
would be most useful?
2. Warehouse trailers only
3. Warehouse tractors only
4. Warehouse tractors and trailers
7-49. What type handtruck would be most suitable for
small-lot stockpicking in multi-story warehouses?
1. Stockpicker truck
2. Four-wheel platform handtruck
3. The two-wheel handtruck
4. The steel platform handtruck with fifth-wheel
7-50. When you have a large number of orders to fill for
small retail issues, what type of handtruck should you
normally use for breakout?
1. The single-platform handtruck
2. The hand pallet truck
3. The two-wheel handtruck
4. The stockpicker truck
7-51. Which of the following materials-handling equipment
is used for pallet handling when space is limited and
handling operations are too small for forklift trucks?
1. Warehouse tractor
2. Pallet muck
7-52. The standard tiering truck used by the military
services has what load capacity?
1. 1,000 pounds
2. 2,000 pounds
3. 3,000 pounds
4. 4,000 pounds
7-53. What feature does the tiering truck have that makes it
more useful, in some materials-handling Operations,
than the standard forklift truck?
1. Greater lifting capacity
2. Greater lifting-height capability
3. Longer distance hauling capability
4. More maneuverability