DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY
Naval Education and Training Program
Management Support Activity
6490 Saufley Field Road
Pensacola, Florida 32509-5237
Cane frp: JUN95
10 June 1994
NETPMSA NOTICE 5000
TYPING OF NAVAL NOTICE
(a) SECNAVINST 5215.1C
(1) Example of a typed naval notice
1. Purpose. This paragraph will state the reason for issuing the notice. In this case, the purpose
will be to acquaint you with the correct format for typing a naval notice.
2. Background. This paragraph will provide you with helpful information so that you may better
understand the notice. In this instance, you are to use reference (a) for further information about
proper format when typing a naval notice.
3. Action. This paragraph normally states what action the addressee must take. For this
example no action is required.
4. Cancellation Contingency. This paragraph will tell you what will cause the cancellation of
the notice. Usually, completion of actions assigned is in previous paragraphs.
P. T. BOAT
Figure 6-3.-Sample notice.