COMFLEACT YOKOSUKA INSTRUCTION 5110.1H
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR YOKOSUKA POST OFFICE
96349, IKEGO POST OFFICE 96351, NEGISHI POST OFFICE 96348, AND FLEET MAIL
CENTER YOKOHAMA 96347
Status of Forces Agreement
(b) COMNAVFORJAPANINST 5110.1E
DoD Postal Manual 4525.6-M, Volumes I & II
USPS Domestic Mail Manual
(e) OPNAVINST 5112.6C
USPS International Mail Manual
NAVCOMPT Manual Volume 4
EXE DIR MIL POSTAL SVC AGCY Alexandria VA 080653Z Jul 96
Mailing Address for Yokosuka and Ikego Housing Area
(2) Mailing Address for Fleet Mail Center, Yokohama and Negishi Housing Area
Mailing Addresses for Homeported Ships
Sample of Completed Notice of Change of Address Card (OPNAV 5110/5)
Designation of Mail Orderly/Clerk (CFAY 5110/2 (Rev. 4-97))
(6) Family Member Mail Service
1. Purpose. To promulgate regulations and provide guidance in the operation and use of Fleet Mail
Center (FMC), Yokohama 96347, Negishi housing post office 96348, COMFLEACT Yokosuka post
office 96349, and Ikego housing post office 96351.
2. Cancellation. This instruction is a complete revision and cancels COMFLEACTINST 5110.1G;
therefore, no margin notations have been included.
3. Information. Reference (a) authorized the establishment of United States Military Post Offices
(MPOs) in Japan for use by members of the U.S. Armed Forces, the civilian component, and their family
members. Reference (b) identifies those persons and organizations authorized to use the Navy postal
service in Japan.
4. Responsibilities. Per reference (c), FMC Yokohama is designated as the major mail transportation
manager for the Military Postal Activity in the Pacific theater to include Japan and the Indian Ocean.
Also, FMC Yokohama has been designated by Commander in Chief, U.S. Pacific Fleet (CINCPACFLT)
as the Postal Supplies and Equipment
Custodian, and as the consolidation point for all empty mail transportation equipment (MTE) in Japan. The
following standards and requirements are performed:
a. Issues basic mail distribution and transportation procedures and policies.
b. Implements a mail movement management report.
c. Implements a mail movement management information system, which specifies transit time
standards and reports performance.
d. Develops the standard reporting system.