e. DD Form 285, Appointment of Mail Orderly
f. PS Form 4314-C, Consumer Service Card
g. PS Form 3294, Report of Audit of Postal Accounts
25. Audits and Inspections. Audits and inspections are management tools designed to ensure the
proper administration of the post office. Postal audit procedures shall be conducted per reference (c) and
Pacific Fleet Postal Finance Officer (PFO) handbook.
a. An audit of all accountable postal effects in custody of a Military Postal Clerk (MPC),
COPE will be completed on a monthly basis. PFO will be audited quarterly. Audits will be
conducted on PS Form 3294. Audits will be variably spaced unannounced scheduled on succeeding
months and completed by two or more members of the Command Moneys Audit Board.
(1) The postal officer will be present during all audits.
(2) Exchange of funds or stamp stocks between accounts during the audit is unauthorized.
(3) Cash may not be exchanged for checks until all funds have been verified.
(4) During an audit, clerks may not use the account to transact business of any sort. Service
windows will be closed until the audit is completed.
(5) Account holders must show full accountability at the time of audit.
b. Originals of monthly/quarterly postal audits will be retained in MPO files. Copies of
quarterly postal audit reports of the MPC, COPE, and PFO for the quarters ending in March, June,
September and December shall be forwarded to Postal Finance Officer, San Diego, and a copy to
CINCPACFLT (N4142) within ten working days of completion of audits. The commanding officer
will review all monthly and quarterly postal audits.
26. Postal Reports
a. Postal Activities Reporting System (PARS)
(1) The PARS report is designed to collect and report on a quarterly basis standard
operational data (registered, numbered insured and unnumbered insure) generated at MPS activities.
(2) Reports shall be submitted by message or E-mail to CINCPACFLT (N4142) the month
following the end of the quarter.
b. Commerce Data (International Balance of Payment Report)
(1) The Department of Commerce has requested that the Executive Director Military
Postal Service Agency (MPSA) resume collecting data for their quarterly Balance of Payment
Reports per MPSA message 080653Z Jul 96. This information was once reported to MPSA in the
quarterly PARS report.
(2) Data will be reported not later than 30 days after the end of the quarter. The following
format will be provided to MPSA via electronic message, E-Mail or memorandum:
· ZIP Code
· Geographic Location
· Country Code
· Stamp Sales
· Meter Sales
· Money Order sales
· Money Orders Cashed