· Arrange for the supply of consumables such as
ASSISTANT SUPPLY OFFICER
construction materials, project support items and
The junior officer of the Supply Corps assigned to
the battalion is the S-4A of the Executive Staff. The
primary duty of the S-4A is that of a Disbursing Officer
· Manage budget preparations and administer
with other duties as assigned by the Commanding
Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and certain
Officer. As Disbursing Officer, he or she maintains
direct accountability of government funds. In addition,
· Supervise the movement of battalion material,
generally assigned as the Food Services and Ship's
the collection of prepositioned supplies and the
documentation of the movement.
· Disburse government funds for military pay,
Relief of the Battalion Supply Officer (S-4) in
travel claims, local purchase and rentals, as
homeport will be in accordance with NAVSUP P-485.
While deployed, in addition to requirements in
paragraph 1163 of NAVSUP P-485, include the
· Operate an Enlisted Dining Facility and
following information in the relieving letter:
Wardroom, where required.
· A statement on the status of any discrepancies
· Operate l a u n d r y, b a r b e r s h o p , a n d w h e n
noted in the most recent TYCOM MAV/LMA or
required, a ship's store.
Figure 12-5. --A typical NMCB Supply/Logistic department organization.