· Routes and delivers lower priority requisitions to
· Develops and reviews changes to requisition
other areas when such documents require
The Inventory Control Point (ICP)/Systems
· Monitors, controls, and prepares reports on all
Support Center of NAVICP Customer Operations
material requests and related documents that the
performs the following functions:
branch is processing.
The Part Number Requisition section of the
Requisition Control Center performs the following
· Manages the execution of funds that finance
increases to retail supply levels.
· P r o v i d e s a n a l y s i s s e r v i c e s f o r i nva l i d ,
· Maintains the currency of aviation depot-level
unidentified, or non-stock numbered (non-NSN)
repairable (AVDLR) items wear out and survival
· Conducts reviews for established source codes,
assigned stock number, approved alternate, or
· Sets and monitors inventory levels of NAVICP
consumable items at selected operating activities
· Recommends onetime procurement of non-NSN
· Ensures the timely provision of
government-furnished equipment (GFE) to meet
weapons systems production schedules.
· Updates the document status file and provides
status on requisitions.
T h e I n d u s t r i a l S u p p o r t C e n t e r o f NAV I C P
Customer Operations is responsible for coordinating
The Requisition Processing section performs the
negotiates viable repair schedules of AVDLR to
· Maintains records of all completed documents
provide maximum fleet support. It also checks repair
(other than those retained on the document status
schedule change proposals and revises organic and
commercial rework schedules.
· Processes follow-up requests submitted by
The Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) division
provides a complete range of technical functions
associated with provisioning of aeronautical
· Furnishes priority "HOT-LINE" service to
requirements. This division serves as liaison between
NAVICP and other activities on technically oriented
matters. Its responsibilities include determining the
The Expediting Services unit performs the
technical characteristics of material for stock. The ILS
division has four branches. They are the ILS branch,
· Pursues actions necessary to locate and provide
Provisioning branch, Cataloging branch, and
material to fill requisitions for stock numbered
Technical Policy and Analysis branch.
The ILS branch processes Support Material List
· Identifies impending shortages in the supply
(SML) of items with assigned stock number or
system (wholesale) material and acts to avoid or
temporary Navy Item Control Number (T-NICN).
The Provisioning branch of ILS performs several
functions for getting the material or stock. Included in
the item selection functions are the following
provide status on expected material availability
for customer requirements.
· Assigns Source, Maintenance and Recover-
The Programs Management section performs the
ability (SM&R) codes according to applicable
· Executes the Material Obligation Validation
· Determines demilitarization codes