6. The Inventory Control Record was not up-to-date.
7. Boxes or containers of stock were not marked with month and year of
receipt before stowage.
8. Receipts and expenditures were not promptly and accurately posted to
the Ships Store Afloat Financial Control Record.
9. Surveys of stock were not indicated on the Ships Store Operating
10. Actual quantities of tax-free cigarettes on hand did not agree with the
quantities recorded in the tax-free cigarette log.
11. Surveys were charged to the wrong appropriation.
12. Combinations of locks to ships store spaces were not kept in sealed
opaque envelopes and retained under lock and key by the supply officer.
13. Navy clothing items were not sold at standard price.
14. Unit cost prices were not properly determined (by rounding off the cost
price of the last receipt to the nearest cent).
15. All signed receipt documents were not placed in the Accountability File.
16. The regulations concerning authorized patrons and the limitations on pur-
chases by authorized patrons were not posted.
17. The prices indicated on the stock records did not agree with actual prices
of the items in the store.
18. A 1.33 to 1 stock turn had not been achieved during the accounting period
before the inspection.
19. Emergency access instructions were not posted outside all storerooms.
20. Sanitation instructions were not posted inside the store, fountain, barber
shop, or on the vending machine.
21. A vending machine control record was not being maintained or was main-
22. Vending machine cash had not been collected and counted daily or before
23. Safety devices in the laundry were inoperative.
24. Opening Inventory caption on the NAVCOMPT Form 153 was not in
exact agreement with the Closing Inventory caption on the last returns.
25. Individual amounts on the returns adding machine tapes were not in
exact agreement with the individual documents attached to the tapes.
26. Retained returns were not arranged in the identical manner as the original