Learning Objectives: Recognize the various methods of
obtaining materials for naval activities and identify
personnel who are responsible for obtaining materials.
2-65. The act of obtaining material or service is known by
which of the following term?
2-66. Which of the following methods of procurement will
you use most frequently?
2-67. As an SK 3 or 2, your responsibilities for procurement
will require you to obtain which of the following items
1. How to determine what material is authorized and
when to obtain it
2. How to determine routine requirements
3. How to prepare procurement forms only
4. How to determine what material is authorized,
where it is obtained, the forms used in
procurement, and how to prepare them
2-68. The supply officer is responsible for procuring which
of the following supplies and equipment?
1. Medical stores
2. Marine Corps stores
3. Materials automatically furnished to the ship
without action by the ship
4. Bulk stores and consumable
2-69. When procurement is required of certain items, the
supply officer consults the department to ensure the
desired specifications are met. What type of material
would this normally cover?
2-70. The term direct turnover (DTO) is used to describe
which of the following types of material?
1. Material stocked in supply storerooms
2. Material ordered by departments other than the
3. Materials ordered by the supply officer but given to
a specific department when received
4. Materials automatically furnished to the ship to
replace obsolete items
2-71. To whom would the operations officer (a department
head) be responsible for reporting an additional need
for a particular equipage item in the department?
1. Executive officer
2. Type commander
3. Supply officer
4. Commanding officer
2-72. Which of the following SKs share in the responsibility
for determining routine stores requirements?
1. Supply office Storekeeper
2. Stock records Storekeeper
3. Storeroom Storekeeper
4. All Storekeepers regardless of rate or where they